By Kasey Shobe
Team DSC decided to celebrate Earth Day 2014 on the rocks. More specifically, we held a team building event and went rock climbing at AZ on the Rocks. Everyone showed up in their most comfortable clothing and tight fitting shoes. Of course, Jesse was ready to race to the top of the mountain in his best rock climbing gear.
We completed a series of group events that showed us the true nature of our competitive spirits. But we also learned that despite our innate drive to be the best of the best, we know how to pull together to reach the greatest outcome for the entire team.
Here are a few of my personal takeaways from the event:
1. Team building is a great way to work on trust, communication, and problem solving.
2. We learned to physically and mentally prepare for any situation we encountered.
3. Going on outings and problem solving together helps build stronger relationships among the entire team.
4. The AZ on the Rocks guides encouraged us to work together as a team and get to know each other both personally and professionally.
5. Team building activities really do build team moral.
Do you have suggestions for more team building events that have helped your team come together, learn, and grow? Share your thoughts with us. Team DSC is always looking for ways to take our game to the next level. Let us know by emailing Kasey@TeamDSC.com.