Building a Better Future Scholarship Contest
Desert Star Construction would like to reward your best ideas for building a better, more sustainable future in the industries of construction, architecture, interior design, and sustainability. FOUR winners (one from each industry category) will receive a $1,000 cash prize and the opportunity to meet New York Times best-selling author and publisher of SUCCESS Magazine, Darren Hardy. Full-time undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a two, four, or five-year accredited industry-related program are eligible to apply.
In 500 words or less, make a case for leadership in sustainability within your respective field (construction, architecture, interior design, or sustainability) and describe the best way for you to lead within an integrated project delivery (IPD) paradigm.
Questions to consider may include:
- How does your personal leadership relate to your professional leadership?
- From your discipline’s perspective, how can you encourage the different disciplines to work together towards more sustainable solutions?
- How do you plan on exhibiting leadership in sustainability in your day-to-day career?
Entries will be judged on professionalism, creativity, and originality. Drawings, sketches, and graphics may be included in your submission. Spelling and grammar are important and will be considered in the review/rating process. All submissions MUST be original work.
Please include the following information in your email application:
Email applications must be submitted by midnight on September 20, 2013 via email to scholarship@TeamDSC.com.
All scholarship winners will be notified on September 30, 2013. Award winners will be announced to the media on October 1, 2013. Awards will be officially presented during a special event featuring SUCCESS Magazine Editor Darren Hardy on October 8, 2013.
- Applicant MUST be full-time undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a two, four, or five-year accredited industry-related program (construction, architecture, interior design, or sustainability).
- Applicant MUST have a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Applicant MUST be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
- Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by professionals within the field of application.
- Checks will be given directly to recipients on October 8, 2013. Prior arrangements for delivery of the check can be discussed if the winner is not able to attend the event. Checks will NOT be sent to the recipients’ college or university.
- By submitting to the Building a Better Future scholarship contest, you agree to make Desert Star Construction sole owner over all content of your submitted work for future use.
For questions or more information email scholarship@TeamDSC.com.